Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Winning

Oh my!  Discovered a new trail today that knocked my socks off, and with 35+ more miles of trail system, the possibilities are immense.  So many great camping/backpacking areas!  I'm in awe.  We do have some pretty fantastic high alpine hiking trails in my hometown, but none so extensive as the networks here.


The top was windy enough to make my companion and I laugh at ourselves being buffeted around by the force.  I had to turn an ear away just to hear what was being said.  At just a guess, perhaps gusts to 30-40 kts...?  Anyway, that constant barrage left rock formations in the crumbling granite.

Finally, we tucked into the lee side of one of these rocks, had lunch and high fived to our wildly successful day off.  Putting this one in the record books as a"win"!

No comments:

Post a Comment